Thank you for your purchase!
This product is designed to motivate your student to read lots of books this year! Research is very clear that volume of reading makes an enormous difference in a student’s reading achievement in addition to developing a love of books. Challenge your students to read 25 books this year or work as a whole class to “Fill the Shelves” with all the amazing books that you can read this school year!
How to use this product:
1. Copy the book spine pages onto color paper that coordinates with your classroom. Cut them out and keep them in a bin or box in the classroom library, ready for students to write on.
2. Copy the #25books page, one for each student for individual record keeping, using either the ½ page version of interactive notebooks/journals or the full page version.
3. Set up a bulletin board, creating “shelves” across the width of the board by using strips of border/trimmer. As students complete book spines, add them to the shelves. Make it look even more realistic by having some tilted and some stacked on their sides. (See #25books page for ideas). Don’t forget to add the books you are reading too!
4. Alternative: Instead of a bulletin board, use your classroom door, a window sill or even the space around the top of your classroom near the ceiling to serve as “shelves” for displaying the book spines. Challenge your students to make it go all the way around the room!
Please find included in your purchase:
1. A Fill the Shelf Challenge! sign both in full color or as a blackline to coordinate with your room and save on color ink.
2. A #25books individual or whole class recording
3. Several book spine options to print and display
5. Full directions and ideas for display.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR PURCHASE!
Please feel free to visit my instagram @oneclickclassroom