Also included in
- This unit bundle is everything you need to teach Angie Thomas's The Hate U Give--online OR in person! Incorporate engaging and diverse literature into your curriculum to get your students talking (even if you're not teaching face-to-face)! The unit is designed around a summative discussion at the en$30.34$37.93Save $7.59
- Teach the Black Lives Matter movement, engage students in social justice issues, and encourage collaboration through lit circles with this Black Lives Matter & Social Justice Lit Circle Bundle--online or in person! This literature circle includes material for teaching The Hate U Give by Angie Th$93.82$117.27Save $23.45
Showing your students the film version of The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas? Keep them focused with this simple worksheet--online or in person!
Students will choose three significant differences between The Hate U Give book and film, explain them, and then try to analyze why the changes were made for the movie.
Then, students will get to play "critic" by writing a short movie review and pretend to be "the Academy" by nominating a character for best performance.
This worksheet is simple to implement, whether you're with your students or they're working independently. Students will need to think whether they've never seen the movie or they've memorized every line. This is NOT a movie guide or a bunch of film questions.
- The Hate U Give Film Worksheet
- Non-editable PDF version
- Editable Google Doc version
- Example answers for the film worksheet
You can see the entire PDF worksheet (minus the answer keys) in the preview. Please look at the preview prior to purchase to make sure this product works for your class.
This activity is included in my The Hate U Give Complete Teaching Bundle.
- The Hate U Give Introductory Slideshow
- The Hate U Give Reading Questions
- The Hate U Give Quizzes
- The Hate U Give Discussion Activity
- The Hate U Give Quote Posters
***This resource contains PDFs and a Google Doc file within a Google Drive folder. You will need to grant TPT access to your Google account. Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource is included in the preview.