Film Terminology Handouts and Workbook
Suitable for Middle and Senior Secondary Students.
Designed for Flipped Learning (i.e. designed to be completed independently by students, perhaps as homework), these handouts and worksheets act as a speedy introduction to the main terminology and concepts needed for analysing / studying films, such as filmmakers (director, cinematographer etc.), cinematography (camera angles, shot types etc.) and mise-en-scène (costumes, lighting).
They would also be suitable for guiding those who are new educators or are new to teaching film as literature.
The workbook itself is 12 pages long (not including title page) and features handouts explaining topics and worksheets on each of the main concepts. Links are also provided to videos and detailed information, for use by teahcers in classroom activities
The worksheets are provided in PDF form for quick printing and DOCX for easy modification. Each page is carefully and cleanly designed. As a bonus I’ve also provided the photos and diagrams used so you can create your own resources!
- FILM TERMINOLOGY WORKBOOK in PDF and DOCX
* Filmmaker’s Terminology (Handout)
* Filmmaker’s Task (Worksheet)
* Cinematography (Handout and Links)
* Camera Angles (Handout)
* Camera Angles Task (Worksheet)
* Camera Framing (Handout)
* Camera Framing Task (Worksheet)
* Camera Movement (Handout)
* Mise-en-scène (Handout)
* Mise-en-scène Task (Worksheet)
* Screen Shot Analysis (General Worksheet – requires screen shots, easily sourced from Google Images)
* Mise-en-scène Links for teaching
- CINEMATOGRAPHY DIAGRAMS / CLIPART (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 license)
- EXAMPLE PHOTOS (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license). Image Attributions document included so you can use, modify and share these images appropriately.
I love to see how my resources are being used: please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know your feedback!
In the future I may be developing more general film study and analysis resources, which I will include in this download. Buy now and you’ll receive these updates for free!
Attention my DECD Sistas and Bros! There is a special deal just for you over at my blog duffystirling.wordpress.com. Please visit before purchasing!
Workbook and diagrams: This work by Duffy Stirling is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Photos: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Attribution details are included with photos.