*** 20 week course - for high school students or college students ****
- The focus is on classic literature (plays, poems, novels, and short stories) and their modern film adaptations -
This unit focuses on doing compare and contrast work, as well as examining the written word's translation into film. The film component focuses on how literature was created into film as well as learning the basics of film making.
- The packet includes:
* full daily instruction for twenty weeks
* two separate spreadsheets for notetaking (includes headings and explanations)
- a film focused spreadsheet
- a novel focused spreadsheet
* three, handmade, personalized Venn Diagrams
The core standards utilized are exclusively within the English Language Arts: focus is put on utilizing Venn Diagrams and graphic organizers, learning to take proper notes and to categorize work; reading plays, novels, short stories, and poetry; compare and contrast papers, play and film adaptations, oral communication skills, and live performances. Furthermore, students will view various types of films that are adaptations of classic written works: musicals, cartoons and animation, and live action films are included in this unit.