Final Consonant Deletion Kit - No Prep | From Auditory Discrim. to Carry-Over
Also included in
- Everything you need to treat the 9 most common phonological processes. Each kit includes one worksheet for each level of the therapy process: auditory discrimination, words, phrases, and sentences. (Except for the final consonant deletion kit which is more elaborate and contains more pages) The woPrice $35.20Original Price $44.00Save $8.80
Everything you need to treat final consonant deletion from start to finish. Lesson plans, homework, no-prep games, etc. Perfect for use in speech therapy with children who leave the ending consonants off of words. Also great to send home for home practice.
- Lesson Plans for the 8 Phases of Therapy: Lesson plans and instructions for each phase of therapy, including how to structure your sessions, when to send home homework, when to move on to the next phase of therapy, and how to collect data.
- Sample Goals: Sample goals for each of the eight phases of therapy.
- Data Collection Sheets: Data sheets that can be used for each of the individual phases of therapy. Plus, parent and teacher rating scales for assessing carry-over.
- Drill & Practice Pages for Every Phase: Each phase of therapy contains drill activities that are great for children who are able to sit down and practice a skill repetitively, even if only for a few minutes. Start each session with these no-prep drill activities.
- No-Prep Games for Every Phase: Once your client is done with drill, fill the rest of your session with these no-prep games! Each and every game idea will fit in perfectly with its phase of therapy. And each game either requires no materials at all or can be done with the random items that you find around you. These games will ensure high reps of the target skill in a fun, engaging manner. A majority of the games involve some form of movement to keep busy bodies active!
- Homework Sheets for Every Phase: Each phase has a homework page that you can copy and send home with your client. Each homework page has instructions, an activity, and a place for the parent to sign and date (7 times) before returning. Boost progress in therapy with home participation!
- Activities for Carry-Over and Generalization: We’re not going to leave you high and dry when it comes to generalizing this new skill across environments. Our kit includes no-prep activities for working on the skill in conversation during therapy sessions as well as information/strategies for parents/teachers to carry it over to other settings. Plus, the teacher and parent pages have rubric-style grading forms so they can collect data for you about how the child is doing in their setting.
This 46-page packet has everything laid out for you when it comes to treating final consonant deletion. Simply print out the pages and place them in a 3-ring binder with plastic sheet proctors. Suddenly, you have everything that you need to do therapy for final consonant deletion and you can re-use it over and over again with dry erase markers.
The 8 Phases of Therapy:
Follow the pages from front to back and you’ll have everything you need to work on the following phases of therapy for final consonant deletion:
- Auditory Bombardment
- Auditory Discrimination
- Sound in Single Words
- Sound in Phrases
- Sound in Sentences
- Structured Conversation
- Unstructured Conversation
Who is this For?
- Speech-Language Pathologists: This kit is perfect for use in your 1:1 or group therapy sessions to help a child learn the /s/ sound. You can also send these pages to classroom teachers and caregivers to facilitate carry-over once the sound has been established.
- Caregivers and Educators: Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) are specially trained to help children learn to say sounds correctly so this kit is specifically designed for them. However, once the child starts to get the idea, this packet can be used to work on using those sounds all of the time. Check with the child's SLP to see if they are ready to work on something like this packet!
More (Free) Resources:
Need more ideas for how to help a child learn to say final consonants? Check out our free blog post and podcast here: https://www.speechandlanguagekids.com/final-consonant-deletion/
❤ Images for this eBook were lovingly provided by Tobii Dynavox and Boardmaker. We use Boardmaker’s PCS symbol library for our products because we love the clean, easy-to-understand look of the pictures. Plus, this provides an amazing consistency across our products. You can use PCS symbols in your homemade therapy materials as well! Visit www.goboardmaker.com to learn more! ❤