This package includes the following:
1. Essay Question: Write an essay where you explain why your section of history is important to Canada today. You need to discuss three reasons why the section you studied matters to Canada. Your essay will be five paragraphs long and follow proper essay form. Make sure you provide specific examples and evidence from what you studied to support your ideas.
2. Brainstorming Section (including example answers to fill in the chart)
3. Thesis Statement Section (example and work space)
4. Essay Outline (example and blank outline for student work)
5. Rough Draft Work Space
6. Final Draft Work Space
7. Assessment Rubric (focusing on ideas, organization, sentence fluency, diction, conventions, and the writing process)
A PDF file and a Microsoft Word document is included so you can change the question and adapt the format to fit your course.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
I do ask that you use this resource only for your own classroom. Please feel free to adapt this exam to fit your course. However, please do not sell those adaptations or use this product for commercial purposes. I hope you will find this useful!