"To teach is to learn twice." Joseph Joubert (French essayist ~ 1754 - 1824)
This final exam includes an oral part
worth 50 points (25 questions) and a written part
worth 150 points (150 multiple choice questions). Since our turn-around time was extremely short for final grades, the written questions are answered on a Scantron sheet.
The bingo card format for the oral part is also a great review exercise as students try to find the answers in their books and notes.
The written score combined with the oral score gives a final exam grade based on 100 which is easy to enter into the computer grading programs. Simple instructions are given on how to put the two grades together to get a grade based on 100.
The points covered in this level 1 exam are:
1. present tense of verbs
2. the verb être
3. the verb avoir
4. subject pronouns
5. days, months, seasons
7. numbers from 1 to 100
8. savoir / connaître
9. food vocabulary
10. clothing vocabulary
11. telling time three ways
. the standard clock
. the 24-hour clock
. the digital clock
12. furniture items
14. negation with ne ... pas and ne ... jamais
15. rooms in a house
16. correct use of tu / vous
17. family vocabulary
18. weather expressions
19. je voudrais
20. prepositions devant, derrière, à côté de, sous, sur
21. some European countries and their capitals
22. culture questions concerning school in France
The 25 oral question part is stated in English and the student responds in French. I do this in class starting about two weeks before the written final. I explain in detail how each student gets the chance to answer all 25 questions.
This can also be used as a review exercise before your students take your own final or a mandatory department final exam.
It can also be shortened to just five or ten questions if time is short.
An answer key is provided for the written part of the exam.
The culture questions come from my School * Pac For French
which is separate from this exam document.
You can, however, substitute other questions on topics which you have covered in your class.
Also included is a list of the room vocabulary that I present to be used as a homework (or review) assignment and a second homework assignment to reinforce those words.
Everything is classroom-ready to make your job easier. (33 pages)
One teacher commented:
"This is extremely thorough. I wish I had bought it at the beginning of the year ... it's very organized and its sequence makes total sense to me. Another truly great product from Carol ..."
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Merci.
♥ .. On my home page, please click on the word FREE
(under PRICES) in the left panel to see which products are currently free. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Too little time for all your preps & grading & meetings & planning & PD ?
If you're looking for more ready-to-use resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* Sub * Pac For French Class ~ Set 1
* Sub * Pac For French Class ~ Set 2
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For French
Prefer a savings ?
* French * Class Bundle ~ $7.00 for 7 ready-to-use resources
* Wish * List Bundle For Amy
.. Available to any other French teacher, too. Quite a savings with over 400 pages. ..
* World War I ~ The Great War Centennial Bundle
Or why not create your own special bundle ?
* Wish * List Bundle
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For French
* The Use of tu * vous In French .. It's free. ..
* Tissue * Box Project For French Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* A Light History Of The English Language For French Class
* The Color * Game For French Class .. Attention ! This can get pretty exciting ! ..
* Telling Time * Pac For French Class
* Le Passé Composé * Pac ~ Activities For French Class
* Menu * Project For French Class
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* Card Game * Pac For French Class
* Wordle Activity * Pac For French .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital E ! ..
* Practice * Pac ~ savoir et connaître
Customs & Life in France
* Wedding * Customs In France .. Nice to talk about a few days before La St.-Valentin. ..
* School * Pac For French
* Le Marquis de Lafayette * Pac
* Julia Child * Fabled French Chef
* Coco Chanel * Pac
* Coco Chanel * Trivia Game
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For French
.. Nice for La Toussaint. ..
* Christmas * Pac For French Class
* Mardi gras * Masks For French Class
* La St.-Valentin ♥ Pac For French Class
* Carte de St.-Valentin ♥ For French Class
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For French
.. Perfect for La Fête des Mères en mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For French 1
* Loto * Pac For French .. Review more than just numbers with this fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Proverb * Pac For French Class
* The Doctor * Is In For French Class
* Food Activity ~ Pass The Plate For French Class
* The Food * Pac For French Class
* Crossword Puzzle * Pac For French .. Perfect homework assignment to reinforce new vocabulary. ..
* Bulletin * Board Bonanza For French Teachers
* The Weather * Pac For French
* The Calendar Activities * Pac For French Class
* Battleship * Pac For French .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* Monster * Project For French Class
* Chutes and Ladders Verb * Project For French Class
* Country Map * Project For French Class
.. Easy for French 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* End-of-Year Review * Activities For French
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 1
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 2
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 3
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For French Class
* Household Chores * Activities For French
* Geography * Pac For French Class
* Verb Activity * Pac For French
* La Fête du Chocolat
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For French .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP French students. ..
* Photo Scavenger * Hunt For French Class
.. Nice for after the AP French Exam or for upper level students. ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Movie * Pac For French ~ Set 1
* Movie * Pac For French ~ Set 2
* Feature * Film ~ Les Misérables .. You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end. ..
* Rick Steves France * Ciné-Feuilles For French Class
* Feature * Film ~ Coco avant Chanel
* Feature * Film ~ The Man In The Iron Mask
* Feature * Film ~ Chocolat
* Feature * Film ~ The Monuments Men
* Burt Wolf ~ Ticino, Switzerland
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. Good way to touch upon a different language area of Switzerland. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Influenza 1918
* Feature * Film ~ Joyeux Noël Merry Christmas
* Feature * Film ~ The Day of the Jackal
* Feature * Film ~ The Fabulous World of Fabergé
* Feature * Film ~ The Great War Christmas Truce
* Feature * Film ~ War Horse
* Feature * Film ~ Bizet's Dream
* Feature * Film ~ Cyrano de Bergerac
* Feature * Film ~ Flyboys
* Feature * Film ~ Darkest Hour
* Burt Wolf ~ What's Cooking In Switzerland
* Feature * Film ~ Au revoir les enfants ~ Goodbye, Children
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac Grammar Review For Students of French, German, Italian, Spanish
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac For French, German, Italian, Spanish
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game For French, German, Italian, Spanish
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your French Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn TpT credits to be used towards future
purchases each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just click the PROVIDE FEEDBACK button next to your purchase, both give a
rating & make a short comment so you receive a TpT credit.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
KEYWORDS End-of-year exam / AP French review / Finals / Oral final for French / Before the AP exam