"To teach is to learn twice."
Joseph Joubert (French essayist ~ 1754 - 1824)
This final exam includes an oral part worth 50 points (25 questions) and a written part worth 150 points (150 multiple choice questions). Since our turn-around time was extremely short for final grades, the written questions are answered on a Scantron sheet.
The bingo card format for the oral part is also a great review exercise as students try to find the answers in their books and notes.
The written score combined with the oral score gives a final exam grade based on 100 which is easy to enter into the computer grading programs. Simple instructions are given on how to put the two grades together to get a grade based on 100.
The points covered in this level 1 exam are:
1. present tense of verbs
2. the verb être
3. the verb avoir
4. subject pronouns
5. days, months, seasons
7. numbers from 1 to 100
8. savoir / connaître
9. food vocabulary
10. clothing vocabulary
11. telling time three ways
. the standard clock
. the 24-hour clock
. the digital clock
12. furniture items
14. negation with ne ... pas and ne ... jamais
15. rooms in a house
16. correct use of tu / vous
17. family vocabulary
18. weather expressions
19. je voudrais
20. prepositions devant, derrière, à côté de, sous, sur
21. some European countries and their capitals
22. culture questions concerning school in France
The 25 oral question part is stated in English and the student responds in French. I do this in class starting about two weeks before the written final. I explain in detail how each student gets the chance to answer all 25 questions.
This can also be used as a review exercise before your students take your own final or a mandatory department final exam.
It can also be shortened to just five or ten questions if time is short.
An answer key is provided for the written part of the exam.
The culture questions come from my School * Pac For French which is separate from this exam document.
You can, however, substitute other questions on topics which you have covered in your class.
Also included is a list of the room vocabulary that I present to be used as a homework (or review) assignment and a second homework assignment to reinforce those words.
Everything is classroom-ready to make your job easier. (33 pages)
* SPECIAL NOTE 1 *
In need of a French 2 final as well ?
* SPECIAL NOTE 2 *
Looking for a sweet way to end the year ?
One teacher commented:
"This is extremely thorough. I wish I had bought it at the beginning of the year ... it's very organized and its sequence makes total sense to me. Another truly great product from Carol ..."
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Merci.
♥ .. Several of my products are FREE. Please click HERE
to see which products are currently available for free. ..♥
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Too little time for all your preps & grading & meetings & planning & PD ?
If you're looking for more ready-to-use resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For French ~ In The Know
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For French ~ Can we talk - French ?
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For French ~ Un Abécédaire
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For French ~ Regardez bien !
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For French ~ Le savez-vous ?
* Single Sub * Plan 6 For French ~ Nous, on parle français !
* Single Sub * Plan 7 For French ~ Les Numéros
* Single Sub * Plan 8 For French ~ Measuring Metric
* Single Sub * Plan 9 For French ~ Quel temps fait-il ?
* Single Sub * Plan 10 For French ~ Les jours de la semaine
* Single Sub * Plan 11 For French ~ 40 Fascinating Facts
* Single Sub * Plan 12 For French ~ European Cities From A To Z
* Single Sub Plan ~ César Ritz * Cäsar Ritz ~ Founder of the Ritz Hotels .. Viewable online ~ link is provided ..
Prefer a savings ?
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 1 .. A nice glimpse into another French-speaking country ..
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 2 .. More glimpses of this multilingual country ..
* Swiss Cities Bundle .. These travel videos are viewable online, links are provided ~ here's a scenic mountain country where people also speak French ..
Or why not create your own special bundle ?
* Wish * List Bundle .. Pay just $17 for $30 worth of resources ~ you choose what you want from your Wish List ..
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For French .. 10 activities for 10 days to ease your students back into French ..
* Tissue * Box Project For French Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* The Color * Game For French Class .. Attention ! This can get pretty exciting ! ..
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* Wordle Activity * Pac For French .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital E ! ..
* Mon Classeur ~ Setting Up A French Notebook .. It's free ..
* Open House ~ Sign-In Sheet for French Class .. It's free ..
* Fiche d'info ~ Student Information Sheet .. It's free ..
* French Names On Hands Display .. Impressive for 'Open House' or 'Back-to-School Night' ..
Customs & Life in France
* Wedding * Customs In France .. Nice to talk about a few days before La St.-Valentin. ..
* French Baby * Names .. It's free ~ Most students like the cachet of having a special French name
for French class ~ here are some easy-to-use, A to Z lists for them to choose from ..
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For French .. Nice for La Toussaint. ..
.. Among them Charles DeGaulle, Maurice Chevalier, Agatha Christie - creator of Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, Captain von Trapp ..
* Messages de Cupidon .. Good practice for AP French students correcting Cupid's mistakes ..
* Une Lettre d'Amour ~ A Love Letter From Napoléon .. Sympa pour le jour de la St.-Valentin ..
.. Perfect for La Fête des Mères en mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For French 1 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Final * Exam For French 2 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Loto * Pac For French .. Review more than just numbers with Bingo - a fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Crossword Puzzle * Pac For French .. Perfect homework assignment to reinforce new vocabulary. ..
* Battleship * Pac For French .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* Monster * Project For French Class .. Perfect for Halloween ..
.. Easy for French 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For French Class .. Nice way to end the year ..
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For French .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP French students. ..
.. Nice for after the AP French Exam or for upper level students. ..
* Switzerland * 26 Fun Facts .. A fun introduction to another French-speaking country ..
* Switzerland * Webquest .. Makes a good sub plan, too ..
* La Famille ~ French Family Activities .. With a celebrity family tree ..
* Tableau de Choix ~ French Choice Board .. French Distance Learning ..
* 40 Fascinating Facts .. French Distance Learning ..
* Une Chasse au Trésor ~ Scavenger Hunt .. French Distance Learning ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Feature * Film ~ Les Misérables .. You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. A child prodigy not only on the piano … but what
do you do when your child is smarter than you are ? ..
* Feature * Film ~ Mona Lisa Is Missing .. She went missing from the Louvre for two whole years.
Where was she ? Who took her ? This wonderful documentary explains it ..
* Burt Wolf ~ Geneva Switzerland .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links are provided ..
* Burt * Wolf ~ Southwestern France .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links are provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your French Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
* Letter of Appreciation to Parents .. It's free. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn TpT credits to be used towards future
purchases each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just click the PROVIDE FEEDBACK button next to your purchase, both give a
rating & make a short comment so you receive a TpT credit.
Want something special for a special teacher ?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
KEYWORDS End-of-year exam / AP French review / Finals / Oral final for French / Before the AP exam