"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
Albert Einstein (German physicist ~ 1879 - 1955)
This final exam includes an oral part worth 50 points (25 questions) and a written part worth 150 points (150 multiple choice questions). Since our turn-around time is extremely short for final grades, the written questions are answered on a Scantron sheet.
The bingo card format for the oral part is also a great review exercise as students try to find the answers in their books and notes.
The written score combined with the oral score gives a final exam grade based on 100 which is easy to enter into the computer grading programs. Simple, detailed instructions are given on how to put the two grades together to get a grade based on 100.
The points covered in this level 1 exam are:
1. present tense of verbs
2. the verb sein
3. the verb haben
4. subject pronouns
5. accusative case pronouns
7. numbers from 1 to 100
8. essen / fressen
9. food vocabulary
10. clothing vocabulary
11. telling time three ways (standard clock, 24-hour clock, digital clock)
12. furniture items
13. dative case with mit to answer the question Wie kommst du zur Schule ?
14. clothing vocabulary
15. using Lieblings ...
16. modals müssen, wollen, möchten
17. correct use of du / ihr / Sie
18. family vocabulary
19. wissen / kennen
20. separable prefix verbs
21. accusative case prepositions - für, durch, gegen, ohne, um
22. days, months, seasons
23. gern with verbs
24. culture covering German naming laws and school life in Germany
The 25 oral question part is stated in English and the student responds in German. This can also be used as a review exercise before your students take your own final or a mandatory department final exam. It can also be shortened to just five or ten questions if time is short.
The culture questions come from my documents ~
which are separate from this document.
You can, however, substitute your own culture questions, too.
An answer key is provided for the written part of the exam.
Also included is a list of the room vocabulary that I present to be used as a homework (or review) assignment and a second homework assignment to reinforce those words.
Everything here is classroom-ready for you to use. (31 pages)
Need an exam for German 2 and 3 ?
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Danke.
♥ .. Several of my products are FREE. Please click HERE
to see which products are currently available for free. ..♥
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Too little time for all your preps & planning & grading & meetings & PD ?
If you're looking for more ready-to-use resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For German ~ In The Know
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For German ~ Can we talk - German ?
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For German ~ Tops In Tennis
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For German ~ Zum Verwechseln ähnlich
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For German ~ Wer weiß ?
* Single Sub * Plan 6 For German ~ Hier spricht man auch Deutsch !
* Single Sub * Plan 7 For German ~ The Pennsylvania Dutch (The Amish)
* Single Sub * Plan 8 For German ~ Falsche Freunde
* Single Sub * Plan 9 For German ~ Wie ist das Wetter ?
* Single Sub * Plan 10 For German ~ Wunderbare Wörter
* Single Sub * Plan 11 For German ~ Französische Wörter
.. Ooh La La ! ..
.. Interesting French words used in German. ..
* Single Sub * Plan 13 For German ~ Austria
* Single Sub Plan ~ César Ritz * Cäsar Ritz ~ Founder of the Ritz Hotels .. Viewable online ~ link is provided ..
Prefer a savings ?
* The Berlin Wall * Bundle .. That iconic symbol of The Cold War - grim-faced
Berliners woke up to it in 1961 - ecstatic Berliners watched it fall in 1989 ..
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 1 .. Fun facts about Switzerland, a webquest, and more ..
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 2 .. More glimpses of this multilingual country ..
* Swiss Cities Bundle .. These travel videos are viewable online, links are provided ~ wonderful views of a scenic mountain country where people also speak German ..
Or want to create your own ?
* Wish * List Bundle .. Pay just $17 for $30 worth of resources ~ you choose what you want from your Wish List ..
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For German .. 10 activities for 10 days to ease your students back into German ..
* Tissue * Box Project For German Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* The Color * Game For German Class .. Vorsicht. This can get pretty exciting ! ..
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* Wordle Activity * Pac For German .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital E ! ..
* Mein Ringbuch ~ Setting Up A German Notebook .. It's free ..
* Open House ~ Sign-In Sheet for German Class .. It's free ..
* Info*Blatt ~ Student Information Sheet .. It's free ..
* German Names On Hands Display .. Impressive for 'Open House' or 'Back-to-School Night' ..
Customs & Life in Germany
.. Nice initial introduction to a cultural difference for the start of school. ..
* German Baby * Names .. It's free ~ Most students like the cachet of having a special German name
for German class ~ here are some easy-to-use, A to Z lists for them to choose from ..
* Wedding * Customs In Germany .. Fun to talk about right before Valentinstag. ..
* Let's Talk Business: In German .. Perfect, too, for after the AP Exam. ..
* German-American Day * Famous People .. For October 6th ~ German-American Day. ..
* German-American Day Activities * Pac .. For October 6th ~ Easy activities to make this day special. ..
* Mamie Eisenhower * Think Pink .. It's free. ..
Mamie was our last First Lady to be born in the 1800s.
Learn more about the seldom-talked-about wife of one of our most famous German-Americans, President Dwight David Eisenhower. ..
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For German .. Nice for Allerheiligen. ..
.. Among them Franz Marc, Otto Dix, Otto Frank (Anne's father), Captain von Trapp, The Red Baron ..
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Germany .. Viewable online ~ link is provided ..
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Vienna .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links
are provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Vienna .. Film-Fragen only ~ viewable online ~ link is provided ..
* Murmeltiertag Activity * Pac .. Discover Germany's connection to Groundhog Day ..
* Liebeszettelchen von Amor ♥ Valentinstag .. Good practice for AP German students correcting Cupid's mistakes ..
* Ein Liebesbrief ♥ A Love Letter From Beethoven .. The love letter to his mysterious 'Immortal Beloved' ..
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 1 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday. ..
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 2 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday.
This was such a hit in German 1, my students made me make a German 2 version. ..
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For German .. Nice for Muttertag im Mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For German 1 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Final * Exam For German 2 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Final * Exam For German 3 .. With written, oral, and culture parts ..
* Lotto * Pac For German .. Review more than just numbers with Bingo - a fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Rorschach * Inkblot Activity For German Class .. Looking for an interdisciplinary lesson ? Let your students try an easy inkblot test ! ..
.. Perfect for after the AP German Exam or for upper level students. ..
* Battleship * Pac For German .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* ABC-Büchlein For German .. Need a recruiting tool ? Try this. ..
* Monster * Project For German Class .. Good review of body parts ..
.. Easy for German 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For German Class .. Nice way to end the year. ..
* Household * Chores Activities For German .. Try Kehrwoche in class … it's fun ! ..
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For German .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP German students. ..
* Berlin ~ Post-War Timeline .. You can't help but mention this iconic symbol
of The Cold War when you're teaching German. Here's a brief overview ..
* Switzerland * 26 Fun Facts .. A fun introduction to another German-speaking country ..
* Switzerland * Webquest .. Makes a good sub plan, too ..
* German Verbs * The -ieren Verbs .. A big help for AP German students, too ..
* Recruiting Flyer For German .. It's free ..
* Scherenschnitte .. Nice project using adjectives ..
* The Food * Pac For German Class .. Mit einem Ernährungspyramide-Projekt ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Feature * Film ~ Nordwand (North Face) .. Could these young German mountain climbers prove German superiority in the 1930s by being the first to climb The North Face ? You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end ! ..
.. The 1936 Berlin Olympics. Nicely done bio-pic for Black History Month. ..
.. An interesting documentary. Perfect link between German and Black History Month. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Bella Martha Mostly Martha .. Sweet film. Fits in nicely with a food unit. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Rosenstraße Rosenstrasse .. The only successful public resistance attempt under The Third Reich. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Marx & Coca Cola .. A delightful film about post-Reunification hurdles. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Swing Kids .. Even dancing was dangerous under The Third Reich ..
* Feature * Film ~ The Young Victoria .. Did you know that Queen Victoria's first language was German ? Or that she married a German ? ..
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. A child prodigy not just on the piano ... but what do
you do when your child is smarter than you are ? ..
* Feature * Film ~ Night Crossing .. A daring escape from East Germany ..
* Feature * Film ~ Heidi .. A classic that's perfect for a Switzerland unit & viewable online, link is provided. ..
.. Wondering about the Royal Family's German connection ?
.. It's explained in the accompanying overhead. ..
* Burt Wolf ~ Zurich, Switzerland .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links are provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Feature * Film ~ Joe and Max ~ Louis vs. Schmeling .. The world was on the brink of war when Joe Louis met Max Schmeling in the boxing ring in 1938. But would that affect their match ? ..
* Rick Steves ~ Frankfurt and Nürnberg .. Viewable online, link is provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Rick Steves ~ Vienna and the Danube .. Viewable online, link is provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your German Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
* Letter of Appreciation to Parents .. It's free. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn TpT credits to be used towards future
purchases each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just click the PROVIDE FEEDBACK button next to your purchase, both give a
rating & make a short comment so you receive a TpT credit.
Want something special for a special teacher ?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
KEYWORDS Final Exam for German 1 / AP Prep / AP German Exam Review / Assessment / Test Prep / End-of-Year / Back-to-School / Back to school review / AP German review