“I had someone correct my grammar once on a blind date and, within the first ten
minutes, the date was over. You just don't correct somebody's grammar."
Reese Witherspoon (American actress ~ 1976)
This final exam is in three parts:
A) A culture project (25 points)
B) An oral part (75 points)
C) A written part (100 points).
The culture project is in the form of a tic-tac-toe grid with nine options. This starts about six weeks before the end of the semester and is done in a computer lab or in the library. Detailed instructions are provided. Everything is thoroughly explained and easy to implement and all forms, rubrics, and instructions are provided.
The oral part is done about three weeks before the day of the written final exam. The bingo card format for the oral part is also a great review exercise as students try to find the answers in their books and notes.
Since our turn-around time is extremely short for final grades, the written part of 100 multiple choice questions is answered on a Scantron sheet.
All three scores combined give a final exam grade based on 100 which is easy to enter into the computer grading programs. Simple, detailed instructions are given on how to put the three grades together to get a grade based on 100.
The points covered in this level 3 exam are:
1. the 'der' words
2. the genitive case
3. the genitive case prepositions
4. adjectives in all cases after der
5. die Zukunft~ werden
6. relative pronouns in the nominative case
7. relative pronouns in the dative case
8. relative pronouns in the accusative case
9. the coordinating conjunctions ~ s o d a + u
10. the subordinating conjunctions
11. the conditional ~ würden
12. das Passiv
13. Culture - 'Toi toi toi And Other Customs In Germany'
14. reflexive verbs
15. the 'Let's ...' command form
16. das Imperfekt of wissen / kennen
17. double object pronouns
18. the comparative of adjectives
19. the superlative of adjectives
20. the date in the nominative case
21. the date in the accusative case
22. various stores and what you can buy in them
23. wo- compounds
24. question words ~ was, warum, usw.
The oral question part has 25 questions in English and the student responds in German. You can have students pick any five and answer them, too, if time is short. This can also be used as a review exercise before your students take your own final or a mandatory department final exam.
The culture questions on the written part of the final exam come from my * Toi Toi Toi * And Other Customs In Germany document which is separate from this exam document. You can, of course, substitute your own culture questions.
This is also a great review for your AP German students as well.
Everything is ready to use and can be easily changed if there is a vocabulary word or some point which your students have not yet had.
An answer key is provided for the written part. (31 pages)
Need an exam for German 1 and 2 ?
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Danke.
♥ .. Several of my products are FREE. Please click HERE
to see which products are currently available for free. ..♥
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you're looking for other ready-to-use resources, you may be interested in some other items in my store:
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For German ~ In The Know
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For German ~ Can we talk - German ?
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For German ~ Tops In Tennis
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For German ~ Zum Verwechseln ähnlich
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For German ~ Wer weiß ?
* Single Sub * Plan 6 For German ~ Hier spricht man auch Deutsch !
* Single Sub * Plan 7 For German ~ The Pennsylvania Dutch (The Amish)
* Single Sub * Plan 8 For German ~ Falsche Freunde
* Single Sub * Plan 9 For German ~ Wie ist das Wetter ?
* Single Sub * Plan 10 For German ~ Wunderbare Wörter
* Single Sub * Plan 11 For German ~ Französische Wörter
.. Oh là là ! ..
.. Interesting French words used in German. ..
* Single Sub * Plan 13 For German ~ Austria
* Single Sub Plan ~ Cäsar Ritz ~ Founder of the Ritz Hotels .. Viewable online ~ link is provided ..
Prefer a savings ?
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 1 .. Fun facts about Switzerland, a webquest, and more ..
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 2 .. More glimpses of this multilingual country ..
* Swiss Cities Bundle .. These travel videos are viewable online, links are provided ~ wonderful views of a scenic mountain country where people also speak German ..
Or want to create your own ?
* Wish * List Bundle .. Pay just $17 for $30 worth of resources ~ you choose what you want from your Wish List ..
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For German .. 10 activities for 10 days to ease your students back into German ..
* The Use of du * ihr * Sie in German .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Tissue * Box Project For German Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* The Color * Game For German Class .. Vorsicht. This can get pretty exciting ! ..
* Telling Time * Pac For German Class .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* The Two * Way Preposition Pac For German .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Wortwolke ~ Word Cloud Activity * Pac For German .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital E ! ..
* Practice * Pac ~ wissen und kennen .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Using An Online German-English Dictionary .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Mein Ringbuch ~ Setting Up A German Notebook .. It's free ..
* Open House ~ Sign-In Sheet for German Class .. It's free ..
* Info*Blatt ~ Student Information Sheet .. It's free ..
* German Names On Hands Display .. Impressive for 'Open House' or 'Back-to-School Night' ..
* German Cognates .. Easy & engaging activities exposing students to
over 95 cognates ~ nice for beginning students & Distance Learning ..
Customs & Life in Germany
.. Nice initial introduction to a cultural difference for the start of school. ..
* German Baby * Names .. It's free ~ Most students like the cachet of having a special German name
for German class ~ here are some easy-to-use, A to Z lists for them to choose from ..
* Wedding * Customs In Germany .. Fun to talk about right before Valentinstag. ..
* Let's Talk Business: In German .. Perfect, too, for after the AP Exam. ..
* German-American Day * Famous People .. For October 6th ~ German-American Day. ..
* German-American Day Activities * Pac .. For October 6th ~ Easy activities to make this day special. ..
* Famous German-Americans Crossword Puzzles .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Oktoberfest Activities .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Mamie Eisenhower * Think Pink .. It's free. ..
Mamie was our last First Lady to be born in the 1800s.
Learn more about the seldom-talked-about wife of one of our most famous German-Americans, President Dwight David Eisenhower. ..
* German Halloween Activity * Pac .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For German .. Nice for Allerheiligen ~ German burial customs. ..
.. Among them Franz Marc, Otto Dix, Otto Frank (Anne's father), Captain von Trapp, The Red Baron ..
* Nikolaustag * Pac For German .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Germany .. Viewable online ~ link is provided ..
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Vienna .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links
are provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Vienna .. Film-Fragen only ~ viewable online ~ link is provided ..
* Weihnachten Puzzle * Pac .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Murmeltiertag Activity * Pac .. Germany's connection to Groundhog Day ~ Distance Learning ..
* Liebeszettelchen von Amor ♥ Valentinstag .. Good practice for AP German students correcting Cupid's mistakes ..
* Ein Liebesbrief ♥ A Love Letter From Beethoven .. The love letter to his mysterious 'Immortal Beloved' ~ Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 1 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday. ..
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 2 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday.
This was such a hit in German 1, my students made me make a German 2 version. ..
* St. Patrick's Day For German Class .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For German .. Nice for Muttertag im Mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For German 1 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Final * Exam For German 2 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Final * Exam For German 3 .. With written, oral, and culture parts ..
* Lotto * Pac For German .. Review more than just numbers with Bingo - a fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Rorschach * Inkblot Activity For German Class .. Looking for an interdisciplinary lesson ? Let your students try an easy inkblot test ! ..
.. Perfect for after the AP German Exam or for upper level students. ..
* Battleship * Pac For German .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* ABC-Büchlein For German .. Need a recruiting tool ? Try this. ..
* Monster * Project For German Class .. Perfect for Halloween ..
.. Easy for German 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For German Class .. Nice way to end the year. ..
* Grammar * Pac For German Class ~ Set 1 .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Grammar * Pac For German Class ~ Set 2 .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Grammar * Pac For German Class ~ Set 3 .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Household * Chores Activities For German .. Try Kehrwoche in class … it's fun ! ..
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For German .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP German students. ..
* Dative * Case Activities For German .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Arme Anna Activities * Pac .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* German Adjective Endings Easy * Peasy .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* Berlin ~ Post-War Timeline .. You can't help but mention this iconic symbol of The Cold War when you're teaching German. Here's a brief overview ..
* Switzerland * 26 Fun Facts .. A fun introduction to another German-speaking country ..
* Switzerland * Webquest .. Makes a good sub plan, too, & Distance Learning ..
* German Adjective Endings Easy * Peasy .. Useful for Distance Learning ..
* German Verbs * The -ieren Verbs .. Also useful for AP German students & Distance Learning ..
* Recruiting Flyer For German .. It's free ..
* Scherenschnitte .. Nice project using adjectives ..
* The Food * Pac For German Class .. With a food pyramid project ..
* Die Familie ~ German Family Unit Activities .. With a celebrity family tree; useful for Distance Learning ..
* Beethoven 250 .. Celebrating the 250th anniversary of Beethoven's birth in 2020 ..
* German Choice Board .. German Distance Learning ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Feature * Film ~ Nordwand (North Face) .. Could these young German mountain climbers prove German superiority in the 1930s by being the first to climb The North Face ? You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end ! ..
.. The 1936 Berlin Olympics. Nicely done bio-pic for Black History Month. ..
.. An interesting documentary. Perfect link between German and Black History Month. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Bella Martha Mostly Martha .. Sweet film. Fits in nicely with a food unit. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Rosenstraße Rosenstrasse .. The only successful public resistance attempt under The Third Reich. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Marx & Coca Cola .. A delightful film about post-Reunification hurdles. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Swing Kids .. Even dancing was dangerous under The Third Reich ..
* Feature * Film ~ The Young Victoria .. Did you know that Queen Victoria's first language was German ? Or that she married a German ? ..
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. A child prodigy not just on the piano ... but what do
you do when your child is smarter than you are ? ..
* Feature * Film ~ Night Crossing .. A daring escape from East Germany ..
.. Wondering about the Royal Family's German connection ?
.. It's explained in the accompanying overhead. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Joe and Max ~ Louis vs. Schmeling .. The world was on the brink of war when Joe Louis met Max Schmeling in the boxing ring in 1938. But would that affect their match ? ..
* Burt Wolf ~ Geneva Switzerland .. Most of Burt's short documentaries are viewable online, links are provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Rick Steves ~ Frankfurt and Nürnberg .. Viewable online, link is provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Rick Steves ~ Vienna and the Danube .. Viewable online, link is provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac ~ Grammar Review .. A review of grammar basics ~ Distance Learning ..
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac .. For French, German, Italian & Spanish ..
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game .. Perfect fun activity in February for your German Club. ..
* Eponym Activity .. Works well as a sub plan, too, or for Distance Learning. ..
* Letter of Appreciation to Parents .. It's free. ..
* Permission To Watch Movie Form .. It's free. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *