Want a super fun phonics activity that your students will LOVE? Punchers can be used as an independent literacy station or partner work. Either the student or their partner can easily check for accuracy using the kid friendly answer key. Punchers are also great for early finisher work.
PUNCHERS: Identify the Final Sound for 42 rhyming CVC pairs-
a: cat hat, bat rat, nap cap, map tap, pan man, ran van, ram dam, jam ham, wag bag
e: bed red, wed med, led fed, jet wet, beg leg, men pen, net vet, 10 hen
i: bit hit, kit lit, pit sit, zip rip, dig pig, pin fin, hid lid, big wig, lip tip
o: box fox, log dog, frog jog, mop pop, top hop, pod rod, cob sob, hot dot, pot cot
u: sun bun, sub stub, tub sub, bug hug, jug mug, rug slug, cut hut, nut rut, pup cup
● Identify and discriminate final sounds
● Read rhyming CVC words
● Learn to easily identify letters of different fonts. Not all ‘a’s look the same!
● Increase hand strength and endurance to improve pencil grasp and writing stamina
● Improve bilateral coordination skills
● Using a hole punch is intrinsically motivating and FUN!
STATION POSTERS: Kids are reminded of the directions using these
center signs. Put out only the steps you want kids to do.
1. Highlight the 4 correct medial vowels.
2. Punch out the incorrect letters.
3. Check your work with the kid-friendly answer keys
4. Color the pictures
Punch Card Products:
Medial Vowel Sounds - CVC words
Final Sounds - CVC words
Initial Consonant Blends - CCVC words