PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Great ending y worksheets resource for literacy centers and phonics practice! Matching cards can be used as a great activity during center time which includes a recording sheet for accountability.
This pack includes 8 student worksheets, 2 posters (1 black and white and 1 color), and two sets of sort cards (1 black and white and 1 color) which include 9 pairs in each set! Also, included in the activity is a recording sheet for students to write the final y sound under i or e.
1) Read it, Write it, Draw it - Read the word, Write the word, Draw the word
2) Circle and Underline - Circle each final y word that sounds like “e.”
Underline each final y word that sounds like“i.”
3) Fill in the blank - Read the sentences and used the word bank to fill in the blanks
4) Cut and Paste - Cut and Paste the words in categories of sounds like "e" and sounds like "i."
5) Create A Sentence - Use 5 words from the word bank to make 5 sentences
6) Cut and paste - Cut and paste the y ending words under their picture
7) Color i or e- Color the sound y makes in the word i or e.
8) Cut and paste - Cut and paste the picture under the correct group of sounds like i and sounds like e.
9) Recording sheet for activity
The sort cards are pictures with words which include cry, happy, silly, penny, fly, fry, candy, sky, and bunny. Students match the word card to its picture then write the word on the recording sheet in the correct place.