I wrote this story about my friend’s bunny when I couldn’t find a story with final –y (long e sound) for her students.
There are 25 final –y (long e) words in the story. You can print and staple the story into small books so each student can have a copy.
The pdf file also contains 7 activity pages:
- List all the –y words in the story
- Practice changing –y words from singular to plural
- Write a sentence using 1 or 2 of the words from the story and illustrate it
- (alternate page: choose 3 words from the story and write a sentence for each of them)
- Write complete sentences to answer 3 comprehension questions
- List form –y words that are nouns and some-y words that are adjectives
- Draw a bunny – step by step