I made this product to use within my classroom to have students work, make money, deposit it to the bank, and then have a chance to purchase it. I did this activity during one day with many volunteers, but could be duplicated within the classroom. I have included pictures of how I had it set up but it could be personalised to suit your needs!
Each role has a write up of responsibilities if done with volunteers, or can be done like the following in the classroom:
1. Students work completing jobs on the list. They keep track on the financial planning sheet. The teacher (boss) signs off on it and you can have as many "working periods" as you would like. I used worksheets from "superteachers worksheets" that were applicable to my class, but you can add any jobs that are appropriate to your class
2. Have a banking day, where students can then "get paid" in playmoney which would then have to be deposited to the bank. I gave each student a "debit card" (included which I printed on coloured cardstock and then laminated) to keep track of their total. This we used dry eraser marker to wipe off and keep track of the total
3. At the bank, I had students take a chance card (also included which I printed on cardstock and laminated) which either gave them money, or had them deduct it
4. Students kept track on their financial planning tracking sheet
5. On another day of the week, we opened the "store" in which students had to decide how to spend their money. We had the opportunity to actually donate to a charity (our local SPCA) which you could talk to your school about or just have the kids donate it, I bought candy at Costco, and we have ipads in our school which students could spend time on
6. We then had an option for students to "save" their earnings and double it which they kept track of on the planning sheet
7. This could be a week long activity, a day long, or a month long depending on what you are looking for
**If you wish to have the word document (which may look differently, depending on the fonts you have) so that you can edit it to suit your classroom (aka, store and jobs) just email me at email@example.com and I will send you the word version of this file!