PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
FIND A FRIEND SCAVENGER HUNT
-Peer Relations & Communication Activity -
This activity helps build relationships and communication skills between students by asking one another general simple questions. The exercise opens up lines of communication and helps to strengthen the classroom community.
•Interview Questionnaire (Page #1)
•Scavenger Hunt Worksheet (page #2)
• Page #1
• Page #2
1. Give each student a copy of page #1 and instruct them to fill it out. Or, go through the questions as a class and have students fill them out as you go through each question.
2. Collect these papers- these papers are used as guides to help point students in the right direction (if needed) during the activity.
3. Give each student a copy of page #2. Explain to the class that when you say “go,” everyone can get up and begin finding a friend that fits into each category.
4. If you want to make it into a competition: explain that the first student to sit down with their papers face down and their hands folded wins.
5. After the activity: go through each box on the paper and ask students what friend they wrote down in each box.
• “What was hard about the activity?”
• “Did anything surprise you?”
• “Who is a friend that you have something in common with? What is it?