Great for word work or literacy stations, students will soon be working independently with this Find-A-Word Scenes: Primer Dolch Words pack.
Please note: this primer pack can be bought bundled
Find-A-Word Scenes: Primer and Pre-Primer Dolch Words BUNDLE
Find-A-Word Scenes: First Grade, Primer and Pre-Primer Dolch Sight Words BUNDLE
- 13 scenes focusing on 4 words each (13 pages)
- Teacher notes (2 pages)
- I Can… poster to encourage independent work (1 page)
- Color Words poster to assist students and encourage independence (1 page)
How are the Find-A-Word Scenes completed?
1. Students choose a specific color for each word, writing that color word down (or shading that rectangle instead).
2. Students circle the words in their chosen colors, counting how many times each word occurs and noting it down.
3. Students write each word in the lined spaces at the bottom.
4. Students may color in the picture if they like.
5. Students show their completed work to an adult or partner pointing to and reading each word to consolidate their learning.
Ask questions such as -
a) How many times did they find a particular word?
b) Which word was found the most? The least?
c) Can they put the four words in alphabetical order?
d) Can they spell the words without looking?
e) Can they spell the color words without prompting?
Primer Dolch Words:
all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes.
Australian/British/Canadian spelling version is also included (15 pages).
If you have any questions regarding this product please type your question into my Ask a Question tab, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wish you happy teaching and learning!
ALL PRODUCTS 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS.
Click on the star above to follow me and keep posted on new products
Other Word Finds:
Find-A-Word Scenes: Pre-primer Dolch Words
I Can Find 100 (or 120) Dolch Words
Color My Valentine FREEBIE
Common Core Math Products for Kinders:
Counting to 100 by Ones and Tens
Counting Forward from any Number
Count and Write Numbers 0-20 BUNDLE
Geometry for Kinders
Fluent within Five
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License