Area and Perimeter: Find Area Using the Distributive Property
Howdy! We're very excited to share our next Area handout with you. We've found that these skills can be a little tricky to grasp but with your awesomeness, our handout, and attentive learners it'll be a piece of cake. Or pie. We love pie.
We start off with decomposing using addition then move to finding area using the distributive property of multiplication. We've provided thorough mini-lessons and tons of opportunity for practice. Enjoy it friends!
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach problems from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Spiral Review
-Kids brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Looking for more handouts? Check out our Area and Perimeter series:
* Understand Area pgs 1-2
* Meaure Area pgs 3-5
* Tiling to Measure Area pgs 6-9
* Multiply to Measure Area pgs 10-11
* OR Save $1.50 with our Area Mini-Bundle which combines pages 1 through 11!
* Understand Perimeter pgs 12-13
* Measure Perimeter pgs 14-17
* Measure Perimeter pgs 18-19
* Perimeter: Find Unknown Side Lengths pgs 20-21
* OR Save $1.50 with our Perimeter Mini-Bundle which combines pages 12 through 21!
* Find Area Using the Distributive Property pgs 22-25
* Same Perimeter, Different Areas pgs 26-27
* Same Area, Different Perimeters pgs 28-30
* Problem Solving with Area and Perimeter pgs 31-34
* OR Get the BEST DEAL and save $6 with our comprehensive Area and Perimeter Bundle, which combines pages 1 through 34!
"How can I...?"
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.