Finding context clues in text is a challenge for many students including my ESL students. I designed this packet especially for grades 3-5, but it could be used in higher grades. There are lots of ways to use this packet so it is differentiated. I have used it for students who are independent learners in centers, as well as one-on-one tutoring situations so it is adaptable to what you need.
When you download it you can pick and choose what you want to use with the task cards. Some pages could be adapted for use with other non-fiction selections of your choice with the exception of the tri-fold. The tri-fold was designed just for these particular task cards.
Included in this bundle:
• Eight Literacy center task cards
• Context clue recording sheet
• Two Main idea graphic organizers
• Main idea (with context clues) quick-write with illustration
• Trifold organizer for context clue types
• Display Poster with the five types of context clues
• Two Context Clue Practice Pages w/key in the credits
You might also enjoy:
Wild Cats of Brazil
10 Core Aligned Short Animal Selections for Comprehension