Time for a brain break! It's the first day of class ☺ , and a chance for trust and team building.
“Find Someone Who” and “Give One, Get One” are get-to-know games with a kinematic component. Let your middle and high school students walk and talk as they review.
Give students a few minutes to brainstorm as much as they can. Students use a pencil and walk around the room to find someone to quiz with. They give one answer to get one answer from each other, with back and forth speaking in pairs, alternating generating oral responses. After a given amount of time, teacher stops and debriefs students with “Takeoff/Touchdown” formative assessment.
These partner and circulating speaking tasks will maximize the participation in your classroom. This activity is in Microsoft Word .doc form so that you can customize the discussion to fit the needs of your students.
• Find Someone Who - Halloween
• Find Someone Who - Thanksgiving
• Find Someone Who - Christmas (nonreligious)
• Find Someone Who - New Year's Celebration (After Winter Break)
• Find Someone Who - New Year's Resolutions (After Winter Break)
• Find Someone Who: Happy Everything Winter Holidays Brain Break Bundle
• Find Someone Who: EOC Stress-Busting Brain Break Bundle
• Find Someone Who - Valentine's Day