The only prep? Cutting and taping!
Hidden amongst your turkeys is a hunter is disguise. Children will use their math skills and knowledge of numbers to find the hunter – before it’s too late!
1. All students receive a turkey paper with a math problem. They will solve the problem and write the answer on the blank line.
2. When students have found their number, they will tape their number to the front of their shirt. (From the large number pages)
3. Now comes the fun part. Announce to the class that they are turkeys and hidden amongst them is a hunter in disguise! The class must find the hunter before he/she takes ten turkeys or they will all become Thanksgiving dinner!
4. Have the small numbers pre-cut and in a bowl or cup. The teacher draws a number and does not tell anyone what it is. The person with this number is now the hunter!
5. Choose a student to be the first guesser. They will ask one yes or no question about the number of the hunter then use this information to guess who the hunter is. If they are right, they win. But, if they are wrong – the lights go out, all the turkeys go to sleep – draw another number and that turkey is out of the game.
6. Play continues with Step 5 until either the hunter is found or 10 turkeys have been taken.
Be sure to print off two copies – my students wanted to play it again and again!
25 Multiplication Turkeys
1 Page of Small Numbers (for the bowl)
13 Pages of Large Numbers (for student's shirts)