Students practice calculating the discriminantof quadratic equations and identifying number of solutions in this partner activity. Pairs of students work to complete 2 different versions of a worksheet. Partner A works on problem 1 while partner B does the same. Different problem, but same answers. If they have the same answer, they move on, if they have different answers, they work together to decide who (if either) has the correct answer.
Version A/B has the quadratic equation written in standard form.
Version C/D asks students to combine like terms and put in standard form before calculating.
This works well for students of all levels, and includes are 2 sets of worksheets for partners a/b on one day and different partners c/d on another day, or use the second verson as a homework. Also included is an exit ticket (6 different versions) to check for understanding.
• Quadratic Graphs and Standard Form Matching Card Set
• Quadratic Equations and Graphs Sequence Activity
• Quadratic Equation Vertex Form and Standard Form Paper Chain Activity
• Quadratic Equation Forms Matching Card Set
• Quadratic Maze Set - Solving with a variety of methods
• Quadratic Review Treasure Hunt