Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.6 MB | 6 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard 8.EE.2. They learn how to find square roots of numbers in the form x squared = p. Students are guided through examples of how to find cube roots of numbers in the form x cubed = p.. Students apply what they learned to determine that the square root of 2 is irrational. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• Links to four practice activities or quizzes
• Links to seven instructional videos or texts
• Definitions of key terms, such as radicand and perfect cube
• Explanations and examples of how to find the square and cube root
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• A review of key terminology
• Links to additional resources for extra practice on certain parts of the standard, such as finding cube roots
• Links to video tutorials for students struggling with certain parts of the standard, such as taking the square root of a negative number