Rosie Revere, Engineer is a story about a girl who wants to be an engineer. This story is perfect for an Interactive Read Aloud during Women's History Month!
The author, Andrea Beaty has written the story so that it lends itself perfectly to teaching theme along with growth mindset.
This Interactive Read Aloud is based on the idea of Reading for Meaning. Students are given a purpose for reading. This promotes higher levels of engagement during reading.
This Interactive Read Aloud Unit Includes:
- 5-6 Days of Lesson Plans
- Reading for Meaning Statements (Theme & Main Idea)
- Pre-reading Lessons for Each Day
- Interactive Read Aloud Guiding Questions
- Over 20 Student Pages
- Compare/ Contrast Theme & Main Idea
- Multiple Reading Response Questions
- Character Trait Graphic Organizers (require evidence from text)
- Determining a 2nd Theme Lesson
- Determine Main Idea and Detail Lesson
- Narrative Writing with a Focus on Theme
- Revision and Editing Guide
- Who is Rosie Revere, Engineer Writing Activity (It will make a cute hallway display!)
This product is full of meaningful activities for students to practice determining the theme of a story.
Follow Charlie & Company for sales and future product listings!