Key words include:
- Coureurs de bois
- New Netherland
- Algonquin Indians
- Iroquois Indians
- Henry Hudson
- Jacques Cartier
- Peter Minuit
- Samuel de Champlain
This PowerPoint presentation examines:
- Why the Northwest “short cut” through North America was so vital to European trade
- The benefits and consequences to Native Americans with the arrival of European explorers
Overarching Question (Thinking Focus Question):
How did the arrival of Europeans affect Native Americans in North America?
**CAN BE ALTERED!** This is lesson 1 of Colonizing North America Unit. It comes with an engaging and visually appealing 29-slide PowerPoint presentation with easy to understand content illustrated with charts and pictures. This PowerPoint lesson is accompanied by a three-page graphic organizer - answer key included!
Here are other lessons in this unit you may be interested in:
Lesson 1: Finding a Northwest Passage
Lesson 2: Jamestown Colony
Lesson 3: Plymouth Colony
Lesson 4: New England Colonies
Lesson 5: Anne Hutchison & Chief Metacom
Lesson 6: Middle Colonies
Lesson 7: Southern Colonies (part 1)
Lesson 8: Southern Colonies (part 2)
Lesson 9: Navigation Acts
UNIT: Colonizing North America
Be sure to follow my store by clicking on the GREEN STAR next to my ZoopDog picture to receive notifications of new products. Thanks for stopping by my store!
- This product may NOT be copied and distributed outside of the scope of your classroom.
- This product may NOT be uploaded to the Internet or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of the project itself (ex. your district website, slideshare.com, wikispaces.com, slideguru.com, your own personal website, etc.
- You may store this on your teacher website only if it is password protected.
- The slides included in this resource may not be used to create something new, and or distributed in any way without written consent from the author.