PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do your students need guidance in how to find the perfect text details? Do you find that they struggle finding that one detail that explains their thoughts? This activity helps them zoom in the most important text details. Additionally, students will learn how to explain their text details, which makes their reading responses stronger.
Included in this product:
- "The Scholarship Jacket" by Marta Salinas (found on www.commonlit.org)
- Finding the evidence activity: Students answer the questions before looking back at the text. They also determine whereabouts they think they'd find the evidence (beginning, middle, or end). Next, they chop up evidence, narrowing it down to the best text detail.
- Rate the evidence activity: Students will read short excerpts from the story. They will have to rate evidence given to see which one truly proves what is being stated.
- Explain the evidence activity: Students will be given guidance on how to explain the text evidence they chose on previous slides.
- Answer key for all activities.
This is a great activity to do before my Text Evidence: Writing about Reading Digital Interactive Slides! Also, you can make this fun with my Snowman Reading Response / Text Evidence DIGITAL Winter Craftivity!
© Copyright 2018 M. Mariano. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This is intended to be used by one teacher unless additional licenses have been purchased. The reproduction of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited.
**Follow me on Instagram**! Read Write Teach ELA