Arrrrrrr! Finding the main idea concept is often tricky for students to grasp. Make it fun for them by introducing reading fictional reading activities about pirates which help develop their understanding of this tricky concept.
This unit includes an original story about pirates which would motivate learners to read on. There are plenty of texts to practice finding the main idea, the topic sentence and the supporting details.
The activities included in this unit are:
* A poster of pirate characters defining the main idea, supporting details and topic sentence.
* Arrr Titles. (2) Students write a title for each paragragh.
* 11 Main idea worksheets which includes a ficitonal story about pirates.
* 3 Worksheets about supporting details. Students find the main idea after reading supporting details for each text.
* Brain storming words Center activity. students find words related to the main word found in the middle of the web.
Download the preview which includes 2 worksheets from this unit and a preview into all the others!
Would love to hear your feedback!
Visit www.yarasseaofknowledge.blogspot.com.au for many more freebies! :)
Yara @ the Sea of Knowledge.