This is an essential addition to any reading unit! Getting the main idea is an essential comprehension skill, and mastering this skill can be difficult for some students. Each of the 15 short, high-interest stories is followed by comprehension questions that specifically lead students to find the main idea of the story.
15 Stories Features Include:
- Short stories (140-160 words)
- High-interest fiction & nonfiction topics
- Engaging illustrations that bring stories to life
- Follow-up, skill-specific comprehension questions
- To the Teacher
- List of Reading Levels and Word Counts for each Story
- Answer Key
- 15 Stories
- 15 Main Idea Activities
Reading Level 3.0-4.5 | Interest Level 4-12
Finding the Main Idea for Reading Levels 2.0-3.5 available here.
Download the Enhanced
version of this title which allows you to copy text and manipulate the file so that it fits your needs.