Also included in
- Why do we often submit our students to long, dull, (dare I say, torturous) poetry units that they hate? Why not make poetry as fun and exciting as it has the potential to be?This unit does just that! Inside this .pdf file you will find 10 elements of poetry lesson plans and activities plus a pre and$25.00$38.48Save $13.48
Help your middle school students identify the theme in poetry with these resources! Included is a Slides Presentation and worksheets designed to guide students through the process of understanding a poem and determining its meaning.
Designed to utilize Robert Frost's "Mending Wall," this learning activity will help you lead your students through the process of determining what a poem is all about and the theme or observation the poem makes about life.
This lesson can be used in a traditional classroom setting OR digitally with distance learning activity!
- General Teacher Guidelines and Instructions
- Lesson outline with step-by-step teacher instructions.
- Link to Engaging Google Slides Presentation that will guide you and your students through the lesson and the activities.
- Student assignment practicing identifying the topic and theme of Robert Frost's "Mending Wall"
- A basic student-friendly interpretation of the poem for teacher use (used mainly to help differentiate instruction for lower-level students) allows all students to understand "Mending Wall."
- Answer Key for assignment.
- Introduction of Topic and Themein Poetry
- Discussion on the Importance of Building Background Knowledge when reading Poetry.
- Building and Activating Background Knowledge for Robert Frost's "Mending Wall."
- Practice Reading Poetry and Connecting to Background Knowledge
- Independent Practice identifying topic and theme in poetry.
This Lesson is also Included In:
You Might Also Like:
Did you know that TpT gives you credits towards future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Connect with Me!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!
Follow me on Instagram @mrs.nelson.teaches.