Fall and Farm Themed ABAB AAB ABB AABB Patterned Tongs Labs for Centers or Therapy.
Design by Jan McCleskey, MA, OTR from The Handwriting Clinic/First Strokes. FIne Motor Activities for Learning! Perfect for recognizing patterns, one on one correspondence, and beginning pattern recognition. get those little hands moving with this FUN multi-sensory file
- Develop separation of the two sides of the hand to have good stability with the 4th/5th fingers (ulnar stabilization) and manipulation with the thumb, index and 3rd fingers (radial manipulation) using tongs.
- Improve eye hand coordination to pick up objects and place or stack.
- One on one correspondence
- Identify ABAB, AABB, AAB, and ABB patterns
- Follow left to right patterning
- Identify and sort colors
- There are 2 versions: color or black and white. Each version contains the same tongs lab activities. An instructor may choose to print out the tongs activities, and then laminate or place in sheet protectors to preserve the activity. A binder will hold for easy storage quick access, and a clutter free classroom or therapy clinic.!
- Use manipulatives to sort into the squares. Discount school supply sells ½” cubes that are the exact colors as the colors in the color version of these labs – 196 ½ in cubes for a low cost. www.discountschoolsupply.com. Other sorting objects could be beads, small legos, blocks, counters, or other manipulatives found in a classroom or home. Colors needed for this kit: orange, green, yellow, purple, red, blue.