Fire Bundle for Reading, Writing and Math
Fire English Pack
Use this Fire English Pack in Fire Week or just to work on some aspects of early reading and writing.
- Color copy and laminate the pieces.
- There are two sets – one is ‘save my ink’
- Match up the lower case to the upper case letters.
Peg my sound
- Look at the picture and make your choice about the starting sound – white set.
- Ending sound – light yellow set, some words may have more than one answer – so check your thinking!
Fire words for your word wall
- Color copy and display.
- There is a spare sheet for you to record your own words on.
How many words do you know?
- These are based on the DOLCH primer lists.
- List One – Prep Primer is yellow/Fire dog
- List Two – Primer list is light yellow- fire hydrant
- List Three – Grade One is red – fire station
- List Four - Grade Two is mustard – fire badge
- List Five – Grade Three is gray – fire truck
- Templates for extinguisher, fireman, fire station, fire truck, fire and fire dog.
- Read the text and make your choice about the correct punctuation – use a peg to show your answer.
- There is a ‘save my ink’ version.
Label the pictures
- Copy as needed and use the word lists provided to write the labels.
- This will give you two readers when it is copied.
- Staple where the two black marks are and them cut in half.
- Add the phone number you need to dial in an emergency.
- Read and color.
Interactive Notebook section
- Fireman, Fire Truck, Fire Plan. Fire fighters also ….
Writing Print and Go
- Alphabet Key
- I see, I Think, I wonder
- Fact Chart – 3
Opinions, 2 Opinions and 1 question
- There is a planning picture sheet to copy for all writing templates.
- Then attach at the top of the story before you display it.
- There are five topic starters included.
Fire Math Pack
This Fire Math Pack is full of tasks for your math centers.
You may decide to copy two pages onto one page to have less color copying or use the ‘save my ink’ versions that are included with each section. Each section has a cover page with instructions.
- Use as flash cards to trust the count and subitize.
- Use to make and record number stories 9 = 5+4, 5 = 3+2.
- These cards are vertical to help prepare for place value and adding to ten 10 + 9 = 19.
- Two copies – one for ‘save my ink’
Peg my number
- Count the objects and place a peg on the correct numeral.
Make a picture
- Sequence the strips in order of the numbers.
- This will show you a picture of some fire fighting images.
Missing Fire Dog
- Place the missing dog in the correct spot.
- Two versions – one is ‘save my ink’.
How many firemen fit in the truck?
- Sequence the fire trucks in order of the numbers.
- Then put the number of fireman needed for each fire truck next to it.
- You will need 20 copies of the fireman page.
- There is a ‘save an ink’ version.
Which fireman has more extinguishers?
- Set one –0-20, Set Two –0-100.
- Place the extinguishers in the correct side – plus a save the ink version
- +1, +2.
- Match the equation to the answer.
How many ladders?
- Work out what is missing on the ladder.
- Display around the room, read the equations and use the ladders like a number line.
- Record your answer on the answer sheet.
- Place the cards in a pile and take one at a time.
- Work out the answer, you may need to use counters to support some children.
- Record your answers on the answer sheet.
- Also includes a ‘save an ink’ version.
Fireman-Read the room
- Display the A-Z cards around the room.
- Use the recording sheet to write your answer.
Click here to follow my store
Fire Reading, Writing and Math Bundle
Fire Reading and Writing Tasks
Please read the description and download the preview before purchasing. The preview clearly shows you what is included in this pack.
COPYRIGHT ©2014 Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about my discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★ or Click here to follow my store
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
♥ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
If you like what you see, follow me here @:
Paula’s Place - Blog
Paula’s Place - Facebook
Paula’s Place - Instagram
Paula’s Place - Pinterest