I love lap books because they result in creative collections of interesting and important information. Kids who like doing puzzles, creating displays, or designing scrapbook pages enjoy the ongoing, creative work of making lap books.
This FIRE SAFETY
lap book can be used over the course of a week, resulting in several small lessons. Young children will enjoy watching their lap book evolve as they learn more about fire prevention and safety.
The format includes:
• informational text
• key vocabulary words
• nonfiction text features
• open-ended templates for written responses
The FRONT COVER Includes:
• a title box
• a template to record background knowledge
• optional decorative images
The INSIDE PAGES Include:
• key vocabulary words with picture support
• "Did You Know" and "Wow" fact boxes
• "Fire Safety Tips at Home" flip book with tabs
• a fire drill flip book with tabs
• a diagram of a firefighter's uniform
The BACK COVER Includes:
• a brief paragraph (cloze format) about "Stay Low and Go"
To complete this lap book, each student will need:
• one file folder
• a glue stick
• 3 brass fasteners
• a set of these templates
Please click on the PREVIEW
above to see sample pages and photos.
Thank you for your interest in this item.
Happy teaching! :)
Come CONNECT with Me!
My Teaching Blog: Creating Readers and Writers
My Pinterest Boards: Andrea Knight on Pinterest
My Facebook Page: Creating Readers and Writers on Facebook