This video includes a "Stop, Drop, and Roll" song that also teaches children about the importance of fire drills, and to stay low in a smoky room. After the song, they learn the 3 P's: How to Prevent fires, the importance of Planning an escape, and ways to Practice staying safe. You'll also get the lyrics and a link to view or download the video outside of TpT (on my private Vimeo site) with this purchase.
Do several things to promote learning while you sing:
1. Make a line just like the one I illustrate in the preview video. Children in the front can practice stopping, dropping, and rolling. Then, they can sit in a separate area to watch as other children get a chance.
2. Ask children to sit and act out the song with their hands. Hold up their right fists for "Stop," place their right fists on their left palms for "Drop," and pretend to roll with their hands for "Roll."
3. Ask certain children to act out the song. Give other children a chance another time. The rest of the class can act out the song with their hands and/or read as they sing.
4. Write words on a poster. Be sure to end each line on a 2- or 4-count. Ask a child to point to the words as the class sings. Since "Musical Intelligence" is the first intelligence to develop in young minds, even non-readers will learn to point near the correct words with some success; they will internalize the rhythm of the song. This can be a great classroom management tool--If you sing several songs, children will focus as they sing and sit quietly in between songs so that they can be called up to point.
5. Use the lyrics in guided reading groups. Encourage children to practice them during independent reading time.
6. Include the song in a listening center.
***Note that this is one of 38 tracks on my "Make Good Choices" CD-book set. Children learn to make good choices about health, kindness, and safety. It features titles like "Let's Be Bully-Free," "I Brush My Teeth," and "Community Contributor." Please listen to five song samples/preview it HERE
You might also like my...
Phonics Time COMPLETE Set: 31 CCSS-Aligned Phonics Videos
KinderMath COMPLETE Set: 31 Kindergarten CCSS-Aligned Videos
First Grade Math COMPLETE Set: 38 First Grade CCSS-Aligned Videos
***Please follow me at EduTunes With Miss Jenny.
***If you are 100% satisfied with this song, please give it 100% positive ratings. If you are less than 100% satisfied, please contact me first before giving less than perfect ratings. I will do whatever I can to meet your needs. (Note I offer a 100% money-back guarantee on ALL of my products.)
Thanks for trying my music in your classroom!