This is a set of activities for your fire safety unit to help teach students what they should and shouldn't do during a fire. These are not math and literacy centers with a fire theme. The focus of this resources is on safety rules.
- Vocabulary Cards
- KWL Chart - a before and after activity to find out what students already know and what they learned
- Climb The Ladder Game - Students move their firefighter badge up a ladder by answering safety questions correctly. This can be played whole group with the teacher reading the questions aloud which will facilitate group discussion.
- Hands Off Worksheet - Students cut out pictures and glue them under the correct heading - Safe to Touch or Not Safe to Touch
- Fire Safety at School Writing - Students explain the steps of what to do during a fire drill and draw a picture for each.
- Safety Checklist - Students choose and check off items on the list that you SHOULD do during a fire
- Fireman Frank’s Safety Tips Graphic Organizer
- My Family’s Fire Safety Map - Students and parents create a map of their home marking their escape route, where fire detectors are located, and their meeting spot.
- Word Search
- Poster Template - Students make their own fire safety poster
Fire Prevention Week is in October each year but these materials are appropriate any time!