8 activities in one! This BOOM CARDS™ deck includes 7 LANGUAGE ACTIVITIES and 1 ARTICULATION ACTIVITY, all with the theme of FIRE SAFETY and PREVENTION. Promote safety in your speech therapy sessions while functionally targeting speech and language goals.
The following cards/activities are included:
- Card 1: Clickable menu card
- Cards 2-14: The first 7 cards contain text and pictures about what happens when there is a fire in a home. The next 6 cards allow the student to sequence pictures of the steps, and tell or type sentence about each one.
- Cards 15-24: Answer wh- questions about from a field of 3 picture choices.
- Cards 25-32: Click on the picture that corresponds with the labeled piece of firefighter gear.
- Cards 33-42: Click on the picture (from a field of 3) of the equipment being described by text on the card. There is an option to move a box covering the label, for students that need that additional support.
- Cards 43-52: Click on the correct subject, object, or possessive pronoun to complete a sentence about a picture.
- Cards 53-62: Answer inferencing questions about a photograph.
- Cards 63-74: Read a short passage and answer multiple choice comprehension questions.
- Cards 75-81: Select your target articulation sound, then practice 6 words on the card that are related to fire safety by moving check marks for each production.
As you can see, this deck has something for everyone! This resource is perfect to use during Fire Prevention Week, which is the week of October 9th in the US and Canada.
Please watch the PREVIEW VIDEO and CLICK HERE FOR A PLAYABLE PREVIEW!
About Boom Cards:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).
Boom Learning and Boom Cards are the trademarks of Boom Learning Inc. Used with permission.