Great for Fire Prevention Week!
This booklet is designed to be photocopied double-sided and made into a book/booklet style by stapling or putting into a duotang.
It has two versions: one using sources from PebbleGo and Epic! and a mirrored version without online resources. Students can find the answers to writing prompts through reading books, teacher lessons, watching educational videos, and/or interviewing a firefighter or on a field trip.
- draw and write about what firefighters do
- use vocabulary words given to them in picture dictionary-style
- label firefighters' protective clothing
- label firefighters' tools
- draw a map of the school and identify exits
- draw a map of the schoolyard and identify a meeting place
- draw and write one piece of advice for staying safe with fire
- draw a map of their house and identify exits
- draw a map of their neighbourhood and identify a meeting place
- draw and write how they can make firefighters' jobs easier (knowing their address, keeping hydrants clear of toys and snow, not pulling the fire alarm unless there's a real emergency)
- complete a maze
Links to the Ontario Language, Health, and Social Studies curricula.
Remember to leave feedback to earn TPT points, which can be used to discount future purchases!