Teach your students about fireflies. Kids love these fascinating insects. First view a glowing power point with your students. The power point is 13 pages long and has visuals that explain the life cycle. Have them learn about bioluminescence and other interesting facts.
Worksheets are included in this packet and are differentiated to help your diverse learners.
• New vocabulary words -reading sheet. Have students read the sentences and complete with guided vocabulary.
• Sequence the life cycle with cut out pictures
• Matching column vocabulary words
• Create a book about fireflies to share with others
• Acrostic poem about a firefly
• Have students practice adding and subtracting by an interactive worksheet. Cut out pictures of fireflies and place them in a jar. Sheets included.
• Three math word problems – addition and subtraction
• Creative writing prompt- Pretend you are a firefly
• Graphic organizer on fireflies.