Are you needing a fun and simple way to review the concept of pentatonic tone set with your students? This adorable SMART NOTEBOOK lesson, appropriate for elementary music students in grades 2-4, is just what you need. With your purchase, you will recieve the following activities:
1. A lyrics slide.
2. An adorable firefly icon heartbeat tapping chart.
3. A rhythm icon notation/dictation chart.
4. A melodic/rhythmic icon reading exercise in which the firefly icons are showing the melodic contour of the song without the staff.
5. Reading the song on the staff with the note heads being firefly icons.
6. Same as #5 except with real note head notation.
7. A sequencing activity in which students will arrange 4 beat melodic phrases to the song in order of how they occur in the song.
This lesson is also available in PPT format if you do not have access to SMART NOTEBOOK software. Click link below for PPT Edition.
Firefly, Firefly POWER-POINT Edition
Come follow and/or subscribe to my blog at.... Mrs. Kuchta's Corner, An Elementary Music Wonderland!
Check out and “like” my FACEBOOK page too at… FACEBOOK PAGE - Mrs. Kuchta's Corner Elementary Music Wonderland
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License