Oh my goodness!
What started out to be a firefly life cycle craftivity, exploded into a 244-page firefly packet a zillion hours later.
It’s stuffed with a helping of science, language arts, and a bit of math thrown in as well.
Be sure to check the PREVIEW to see samples of all of the goodies.
To help celebrate summer and all that teachers do, I’m sale-pricing this packet at just $6.95 for a limited time.
The packet includes:
* 5 Life Cycle craftivities which include “Flip for Facts”, Life Cycle Fan Booklet, Cycle Circle Puzzle, Life Cycle Wheel, plus Life Cycle Number Puzzles, which practice counting forwards, backwards, as well as skip counting by 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s.
All of these craftivities come in full color, so teachers can easily make a sample to share, plus black & white for students.
* 15 worksheets that practice a variety of skills and standards, includes answer keys.
* 6 Poems
* “Let’s Count Fireflies” keepsake fingerprint booklet
* 0-10 number cards, plus a blank set to program more, as well as a set of math symbol cards for making equations and showing greater & less than.
* 0-10 number word cards
* “I Spy A Firefly” worksheet game. Fun way to whole group assess numbers 0-10.
* 60, firefly mini tiles on a page, for showing groups/sets and playing other math games.
* A variety of colorful puzzles to use for a center, plus BW patterns so children can make their own.
* 10 real photographs of fireflies during their various stages of life.
* Non fiction text about the life cycle of a firefly, with comprehension assessments
* 26 (8x10) “Flash Me A Firefly Fact” posters to use as flashcards or a bulletin board display, with blank patterns so students can write their own, plus a cover to make a class book.
* Upper & lowercase firefly alphabet cards, with a 3-page tip list of what to do with them, including the “Kaboom!” game.
* A Firefly Slider Craftivity to help practice letters, numbers 0-30, counting backwards from 10-0 & 20-0, plus skip counting by 2s, 3s, 5s & 10s, as well as 2D shapes.
* A “Rip & Tear” 3D firefly craftivity.
* A variety of Writing Prompts
* “Blinky The Firefly” A silly -ight word family story
* “Fireflies flit, flicker and flutter” FL blend poster, worksheet and alphabetical list.
* Magical “Night Wash” watercolor craftivity.
* “Have You Seen A Firefly?” and “If I Were A Firefly” Class books
* 4 graphing extensions
* “Help Save The Fireflies” (Cause & Effect or Persuasive) writing prompt with completed sample, plus . . .
*A bibliography of fiction & non-fiction firefly books, as well as links, & bookmarks like the ...
* ”Wishing a bright student a glowing year/summer” bookmarks. (I attach a glow-in-the-dark bracelet as a special gift to my kiddos).
I hope you and your students enjoy this packet as much as I did creating it. Wishing you a sparkling summer.