First 2-Weeks of Writing Lesson Plans and Resources for Grades 2-5
This Writing Lesson Packet is jam-packed with 10 days worth of writing lesson plans and printable resources for the first two weeks of the year. Lessons are very guided and specific so you can use these lesson plans to drive your writing instruction.
This lesson pack is intended to be used during the first two weeks of school, however, they could be used anytime throughout the year when you are ready to start an interactive writing journal with your students.
The lessons include specific instructions about how to set up your writing block, how to have students set up their writing journals (with printable resources), and a guided paragraph activity for the beginning of the year. Introducing students to graphic organizers.
- How to have students set-up their Interactive Writing Journals
- Introduction to Writing Cool Down activities
- Introduction to Writing Warm-Up time
- A quick paragraph writing activity: The Best Part of Me (inspired by Scholastic).
- Quick View Daily Lesson Plans
- Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
ADDITIONALLY: There are over 20 Printable Resources including:
- Interactive writing journal printables
- Graphic Organizers
Additional Materials Needed:
- Spiral or composition notebook (Writing Notebook)
- 2-pocket folder (Writing Folder – to keep all writing related papers together, both formal and writing cool down activities)
- thin ribbon (optional)
- duck tape (optional)
- Book, The Best Part of Me, by Wendy Ewald (Optional)
Check out my blog at www.theprimaryprofessor.com
Follow me on: