This is a fabulous, student-centered and collaborative lesson! This lesson uses a modified version of the graffiti model and also incorporates photo analysis which is a necessary skill to master in any social studies classroom!
This is a 90 minute lesson but the photo analysis and graffiti aspects can be modified into separate lessons to accommodate time restraints.
The lesson includes:
- Engaging starter exercise that relates directly to the lesson
- Class and group photo analysis
- 'Silent' Graffiti learning model relating to photo analysis (possible to alter lesson and complete this step without having included photo analysis
- Evaluation or 'Exit' prompt that incorporates starter exercise
- Examples of possible differentiation techniques
- Learning objectives WITH Bloom's Taxonomy
- Explicit description of Pre and Formative Assessments
Students find this lesson to be thought provoking and relevant to their own lives! Photographs, graffiti prompts, starter page and photo analysis sheets are all included! Great way to kick off a Bill of Rights Unit or use as a single lesson to fulfill standards!
Enjoy this lesson and feel free to contact me with any questions or clarification!