First Day Back from Winter Break FRENCH Post Break weekend chat passé composé
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a bundle of FRENCH resources available from Mis Clases Locas. This French Bundle is perfect for back to school. Start French 1 with more Comprehensible input and confidence! Variations of these CI French class resources could be used in French 1, French 2, or French 3. Included Resources forPrice $34.39Original Price $53.46Save $19.07
What to do on the first day of FRENCH class after Thanksgiving break or Winter break to practice the past tense in French? This is the perfect interpersonal French speaking and writing passé composé activity for the first day back from Christmas break. Get French 2, French 3, or French 4 to talk about what they did over the break using the past tense.
This PDF Find Someone Who in French contains multiple differentiated versions to fit a variety of class needs.
- ✅ Page 1 - Interpersonal questions - I form provided - most support
- ✅ Page 2 - Presentational writing about friends - support of s/he forms - most support
- ✅ Page 3 - Interpersonal questions - more advanced
- ✅ Page 4 - Presentational writing about friends & self - differentiated support word bank
- ✅ Page 5 - Presentational writing about friends & self - most advanced
This people search or people hunt activity was designed as a French interpersonal communicative activity to get students talking in French class. This Find Someone Who is a great way to review or introduce the past tense in upper-level FRENCH class. Even if students have had limited exposure to past tense, all forms needed are provided on the easier versions. There is an extension to have students write about what their class did as well.
It would be great for students who have some French background knowledge such as French 2, French 3, or French 4 to talk about what they did over Winter Break. This is many teachers' go-to 1st day after a break upper-level French class plan. A stress-free, zero prep first day back of French class, where students build a positive classroom community and get to know each other.
Some ideas to make this Find Someone Who digital-friendly
- Use the TPT EASEL digital add-on to share with students & collect responses.
- Click Print and then save as PDF with the pages you want to use digitally and share with students.
Some ideas to make this Find Someone Who social distance friendly
- Do the paper FSW activity outside or Interview a partner using Plexiglas.
- Instead of having other people sign the form, have each student just write the name of the person who said yes instead.
- Instead of interviewing the whole class, just work with a partner or small group with masks on.
Read this blog post about mixing up Find Someone Who for more ideas for using this activity face to face, hybrid, and or virtual both on paper and digital.
Glowing reviews for this Frech post Winter Break activity
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Merci beacoup! An excellent resource for after winter break and a perfect way to review the passé composé - Sasha (8th grade French)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great activity to incorporate some movement in the classroom. It served as a nice whole class discussion about what everyone did over the break, while implicitly including some grammar instruction. We used student answers to group like activities together to write a description about what everyone did. - 8th grade French teacher
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I like that this has differentiation - I let my students choose the level they felt most comfortable with. Several chose to challenge themselves, others needed a bit of support. Overall, a great resource. (used with 9th-12th grade French)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
⭐ Get the FRENCH CLASS BUNDLE for the best deal. It includes this activity plus PRE WINTER BREAK FRENCH FSW, High Frequency Verb Unit - Super 7 FRENCH present., Find Someone Who - Super 7 - novice FRENCH, Find Someone Who - Sweet 16 - novice FRENCH, Find Someone Who - Mon Été (past tense FRENCH), Find Someone Who - Weekend Talk in French Class (past tense), Weekend Talk Slideshow - French distance learning (past tense), La danse de vendredi! Dance in FRENCH class & more!
This resource is the French equivalent of this post winter break Find Someone Who for Spanish class. A huge thank you to French teachers Lydia McDowell for translating and Christina Cuomo for editing.
This resource is PDF only, if you want to edit, I suggest EDITABLE TEMPLATE to make your own Find Someone Who instead.
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF Resource. You will need an updated PDF reader to download it.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. mixing up Find Someone Who
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.