Ease the back to school jitters with this fun activity packet for the story First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg!
This book packet is designed for grade three, but could be used with older or younger students as well. You will need a copy of First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg for a read-aloud.
Before, during, and after reading activities including reading comprehension, word work, and writing prompts make this packet a great language arts lesson for the first week of school!
This packet includes:
-Back to school quick- write- Complete before reading.
- Visualize the jitters/illustrate- Complete before reading.
- My Prediction
- Vocabulary Words- (Tier 2 Words)
- Stop and Jot Chart
- Vivid Verbs- working with words
- Verbs and Synonyms- working with words
-Compound words- making words, recording sheet, writing sentences
- What happens next writing
- Making connections graphic organizer
- Surprise ending- using story clues to infer
- Main Character Traits
- Open-ended writing prompts
- Compare/Contrast graphic organizer
- Stationery sheets done in color for any of the writing activities or your own.
- Flip flap/Interactive notebook pages and directions