Also included in
- One-pagers are a creative tool you can use for almost everything. One-pagers simply invite students to gather together what's most important on a single page, using words, doodles, pictures, and symbols. All the one-pagers in this bundle have templates and specific instructions, so every student can$8.00$11.00Save $3.00
- This ginormous ELA bundle will solve a lot of your problems. You'll never have to stay up late trolling for lesson plan ideas again. You'll just dive into this folder, choose one of the dozens of activities and projects inside, and then hit the hay. Imagine the delicious smells of your own literary$30.00$44.99Save $14.99
Learning students’ names has always been hard for me. I used to get so nervous during the first two weeks, afraid I was going to offend the kids I was working so hard to engage by making simple mistakes with their names.
Then I started printing name cards for all my students to use for the first few weeks. This helped a lot.
It wasn’t long before I realized I could take it a step further and snap each student’s photo with the name card on the first day, study that night, and have the names down by the second day. Whoo hoo!
This packet lets you take it one step further. Use the name tent as a first day activity, having them fill out one-pagers about THEMSELVES using one of the templates here.
Simply print the template with instructions that you like the best on THICK cardstock-type paper. Then provide students with markers, colored pencils, or flair pens so they can create colorful name cards. Take their photos with their cards so you can learn their names and a little bit about them. But keep using the cards for a while anyway to remind you to ask students about the parts of themselves they have shared. They’ll learn things about each other too.
Bonus, these cards work great for quick seating charts all year long! Simply put the cards out in the order you want them before students come in and ask them to find their names. You can easily break up problem pairings or distribute students who know how to lead within groups using this simple system.
NEWLY UPDATED BASED ON TEACHER REQUESTS!
Inside, you'll now find:
- The original version of this product
- A version with the directions rotated if you want students to create the name tents before folding them
- An editable version with un-copyrighted fonts, so you can tweak the directions to fit any discipline or classroom
This product is also available as part of my One-Pagers Mega-Bundle. If you love one-pagers, check it out!
You might also be interested in:
I bet you're always looking for creative teaching ideas for your classroom. Share the journey in my free Facebook group, Creative High School English.
Click the green star above to get regular notifications about creative teaching ideas and materials from Spark Creativity.
Join the community of teachers who want to engage their students AND go to bed before midnight each night! Stay tuned to Spark Creativity Online.