Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.46 MB | 8 pages
The First Day of Art is always an exiting challenge for teachers and students! Here is a fun art activity that provides your new art students a chance to work with art materials and create an artwork on the very first day of school! Once done with a simple drawing, students can relax with an assortment of drawing supplies, collaborative coloring page, drawing tablets and bubbles to ease their jitters on the first day!
Included in this product:
-Lesson Plan with student examples
-Visual Arts Standards
-3 Drawing Resource sheets that are handy anytime your students say" I can't think of anything to draw!"
How this Activity Helps You:
1. Your students will be busy and engaged for a shortened hour or a full class period depending on your first day schedule.
2. You have a lesson plan with Standards ready to go! No grading required!
3. Supplies can be purchased inexpensively at the Dollar Tree or other bargain store and re-used for the next school year again and again.
4. Your students will be occupied so you will have time to assist brand new or upset students, talk with students, handle late students and schedule changes or phone calls from the office and other unique issues that always seem to arise on the first day of school! You might even have time to assign art shelves or other first week classroom management tasks!
5. You will end up with a collaborative display for outside your classroom right away! If your Open House is coming up then your students will be able to show off their miniature artwork right away…which makes you look awesome to parents and your Principal!!
I used this lesson this year. I only had about 24 minutes to fill and it worked out great. The students appreciated the simple activities mixed with time to quietly socialize with their friends they hadn't seen all summer. I was able to assist students with schedule changes and visit with my students a bit while I assigned them their art shelves for the remainder of the shortened hour. It made for a pleasant and easy first day for everyone...and students actually made some art too!