Are you stuck planning activities for the first day of school? This First Day of Preschool kit will provide many engaging activities to take care of your students' first day jitters! They all go along with a cookie theme! I love to read "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" the first week of school, and these activities are great way to extend their learning.
Includes 50 pages of printables!
- Book Recommendations (for a cookie theme)
- First Day Necklaces & Certificates ('i am a smart cookie!" and "I had a great first day of preschool/Pre-K/kindergarten!")
- “Smart Cookie” Choices – a simple group activity to discuss classroom rules & positive choices
- How Many Cookies Tall Are We? – class height chart
- Cookie Playdough Recipe & Playdough Mats
- Cookie Size Sorting Mats
- Glue Practice
- Cutting Practice
- Fine Motor Line Tracing – Pre-Writing Practice
- “I Drew This on the First Day of School” Sheets
- Name Practice Sheets
While these activities are aimed at preschool students, they are also suitable for the first day of kindergarten!