Have an apple-themed first day of school in 3rd or 4th grade! This resource features reading, language, math, and writing worksheets, icebreaker questions, and an apple art craftivity. The word problems are included in different levels. The short reading passage about apples has a readability level of 4.2, so most 3rd graders will need extra teacher support to complete it at the beginning of the year.
Here is what you get when you purchase this resource:
• ELAR worksheet with grammar, context clues, writing (1 page)
• About Me poem (1 page)
• Applesauce Making Words activity (3 pages)
• Apple Pickings mini-passage (1 page)
• Word Problems worksheets, 2 levels (2 pages)
• 24 Favorites cards (3 pages)
• Apple Art instructions (1 page)
• Answer keys (3 pages)
• Suggested Plan for first day (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
This is a suggested plan for using the pages in your classroom:
• Morning Work - ELAR worksheet
• Reading - Applesauce Making Words activity
• Language - About Me poem
• Math - Word Problems worksheet
• Science - Apple Pickings mini-passage
• Social Studies - Favorites cards
• Art - Apple Art project
The finished Apple Art projects make a visually striking bulletin board for the first month of school. You'll gain informal diagnostic information about each student just by viewing the final results side-by-side.
I'd appreciate your purchase, rating, and feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Click Back to School
for more fun beginning of the year activities.
► CLICK HERE to follow me
for updates about new products, sales info & more!