New summer 2017.
Students will enjoy these activities on their first day back to school!
"Get to Know Your Students Activity"
- "Stand Up If"- student response required followed up with a "Graph"tivity teaching pictographs
"Action Name Game'
- "Swimming Pool" - get to know your students names through this action circle game
-Pair/share activity where each student interviews a classmate and then introduces their partner to the class
'Listen to the Drumbeat" - a rhythmic movement response "game"
- all instructions included with tips of what to use for a drum if you don't have one
- instructions are clear for the musically or non-musically inclined
- movement to your 'heart-beat"
- an activity students always enjoy!
'What do you know about your brain"
- class quiz followed up with a "Craftivity"
- students will draw a brain (directed draw activity with all the instructions included)
- students will colour, cut-out, add arms and legs
- students will complete a directed write activity on the brain
- draw/craft/write will make a great first day bulletin board display
- great activity for further discussion and teaching on the brain/mindfulness
"Graphic Organizer" for writing about their summer vacation
Word Shapes and colouring page for extra fun word on summer/vacation words
Blank 100 and 200 chart pages included for fast finishers as needed
Activities will extend beyond your first day!