First Day of School Emoji Writing Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you looking for writing projects/activities that are FUN, CREATIVE, and ENGAGING for your students?! If so, this emoji writing bundle is for YOU! This resource includes six emoji writing activities that your students will absolutely love working on. The included resources are intended for studenPrice $25.50Original Price $30.50Save $5.00
First Day Feels is a fun & engaging back-to-school themed writing activity, perfect for the first day/week of school! This fun writing activity can be used in grades 2-4. For this activity, students choose a pencil emoji that best represents how they are feeling on the first day of school. From there, students plan & draft a paragraph that describes reasons why they feel the way they do. There are several different publishing options to choose from--including speech bubbles, lined pencils, as well as full page handout. Differentiated planning organizers and drafting pages are included with low, middle, and high writers in mind. This writing activity makes a great bulletin board display! Parents especially love looking at all the pencil emojis on back to school night/open house! This is both a paper-based and digital resource!
***This product just recently had a BIG update! (July 13, 2020). See what is included below!***
- Suggested Lesson Activities- also includes helpful tips!
- Google Slides Presentation- Slides to accompany each part of the writing activity. Examples & Models of planning sheets, rough drafts, and finished product are included in the slides
- Emoji Card Match - Quick activity to pair students
- 17 Emoji Pencils - This includes a blank pencil template for students that want to draw their own emoji
- Planning Organizers - 3 different planning organizers are included with low, middle, and high writers in mind
- Drafting Pages - 4 different drafting pages created with low, middle, and high writers in mind. Sentence starters are included for lower level writers and a writing checklist for middle/high level writers
- Publishing Templates
- Lined Pencils -Single, 1.5, and double spaced lines on pencil templates.
- Speech Bubbles -Three different style speech bubbles to choose from. Single, 1.5, and double spaced lines on speech bubbles
- Full Page Writing Paper - Lined paper with emoji already included on left side of the page. This is a great option for a teacher that does not have time for students to color and cut out the emoji pencils
- Google Links - Links to the planning organizers, drafting pages, pencil templates, speech bubble templates, and full page writing paper included so students can complete the activity digitally!
- Bulletin Board Letters - Large letters that spell out "FIRST DAY FEELS". These need to be cut out by hand.
- I'm so happy I bought this... it was a PERFECT first day of school activity for my fourth and fifth graders! After reading First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg, the kids were so excited to write about their own feelings and choose an Emoji face to match. These adorable Emojis looked great on our bulletin board, and the parents LOVED seeing & reading them during our Open House!
- Love them!! I displayed them in the hall way for Back to School night.
- This was a great first day of school writing activity that kept my students engaged!
- Very valuable resource!!
CHECK OUT OTHER EMOJI WRITING ACTIVITIES!
⭐ Don't Eat the Turkey Persuasive Writing Project