Read through this Lesson Plan for Teachers on the First Day of School to help in planning your perfect start to the year in the middle or high school classroom.
Includes an introduction on setting high expectations and clear standards on the first day, a full agenda with details for breaking the ice, making introductions, and presenting course details, a syllabus example, an optional seating chart, and a first homework assignment.
This is an excerpt from my book, A Lesson Plan for Teachers, but includes added information for the perfect First Day of School!
See my other Classroom Management and Social Studies Organizational Products!
• 80+ Page Back to School Classroom Organization & Management Bundle
• A Lesson Plan for Teachers: A Guide for New or Student Teachers
• Effective Discussion Classroom Poster Set
• Social Studies Classroom Poster Set
• Poem Templates for Any Classroom
• Book Reading Bookmark Prompts Set
• U.S. History Course Outline Bookmarks
• World History Course Outline Bookmarks
• Primary Source Bundled Sets and Individual Products!