Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.43 MB | 11 pages
Get your students moving, thinking, talking, and doing on the first day of school! These five stations activities are designed to give your students the information they need on that first day, to get you the information you need to get to know your students, and to establish the tone for an active, engaged, collaborative year in your classroom.
- syllabus/classroom management plan scavenger hunt (fully customizable!)
- read dating activity to get students looking at books
- a fun interest inventory designed to promote creativity and critical thinking
- an interview activity to help students practice the art of kind and inquiring conversation
- book exploration so students can get their hands on your class textbook and determine what interests them and what worries them
This product includes
- Instructions for the Teacher
- Print-and-Cut Stations Instructions Cards (PDF)
- Fully customizable Syllabus Scavenger Hunt (Word)
- Ready-to-Print Student Interest Inventory funtivity (PDF)
- Read Dating Ranking handout (customizable PDF)
- An Interview Activity with a Twist (PDF)
The gray-scale design of these products means they can be printed and photocopies inexpensively and will still look great.