This student survey can be handed out on the first day of school in any class in order to get to know your students a little better so that you can more accurately meet their needs. You may want to remind the students that the survey information will remain confidential so long as anything written does not require the teacher to say something as a result of Mandated Reporting.
Student survey handout (editable)
Materials Needed: Photocopies of survey
How do you generally feel about this subject??
1. I love it! I think it is really interesting.
2. I don’t know. I haven’t learned much about this before.
3. I have struggled in the past, this class may be hard for me
4. Other: ___________________________________________________
How do you generally feel about school?
1. I love it!
2. It’s not bad. I think it is important.
3. I’m here because they make me.
How do you generally feel about class discussions?
1. I love them! I never stop talking.
2. I will participate when I have something to say.
3. I don’t like speaking in class. (If this is your answer, please elaborate as to why?)
*You can also purchase this file as part of a Back to School Bundle that includes:
1. Blank Planning Calendar
2. Course Information Sheet (Syllabus) Quiz Questions
3. Beginning of the School Year Survey
4. Letter to the Teacher Questions
5. Laptop Rules and Etiquette PowerPoint for classes that use digital devices
6. 8 Community Building Activities
Back to School Bundle Calendar, Student Info, Community Building & Laptop Rules
US HISTORY TEACHERS:
You can also find this file as part of a larger bundle here:
US History Beginning of the School Year Bundle